Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I'm back!!  It is so lovely being in holiday mode - we are all very relaxed in this house at the moment.  I finally got my Rose Star quilt together (below) and off to the machine quilter to be basted in time for me to tackle the handquilting during the school holidays - sadly on it's return it was not properly basted and is currently back with her being unpicked and redone.  I am really happy with it and can't wait the start on the handquilting. 



To fill the gap I finished another easy quilt for one of my daughters - she picked all the fabrics and I have spent the last two weeks hand quilting it in perle cotton.  Just need to finish the binding tomorrow.  It is from a pattern by Hot Possum.





I have been going through my WIPs and have decided this is the year to finish my Quilted Diamonds quilt.  I have finished all the diamonds, it just needs putting together.    Below is just the middle section.  It was started in 2003 so now is that time to complete it.

I imagine you have all heard about the terrible floodings in Australia - I am also about to make a couple of quilts to send off to these people.  A way I can help in a tiny way.

See you all soon....

C


6 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am a new follower, saw your quilt on Red Pepper Quilts link up. I love your hand quilting and color choices. I am also doing a hexagon quilt. Look forward to seeing more from you. Come check out my blog if you would like, I haven't been doing it too long but really enjoy it and I love looking at other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what beautiful quilts! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your orange "Jazz Hands" quilt, in fact I am making a similar one myself at the moment.But it will take some time before I have finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the colours of your rose star blocks. What a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That surf quilt is awesome.Thanks for the share.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete