Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's been awhile!!!

 I'm back!  Gosh I am not very good at making the time to update my blog. In my defence we have moved house and have two lots of overseas visitors... Here is a photo of my completed BOM from Material Obsession by Sue Ross - I loved making it - I struggled with the fabrics as they were really not what I would pick - but I now love it!!!  I changed the middle applique block as I did not fancy it - and added the hexagons - I am so happy with the end result.  I intend to hand quilt this - I now have three quilts ready to hand quilt and this is second in line!!


In my absence I have also finally completed the blocks below and have the quilt top for this quilt completed (the first hand quilting project on the list) it is called Star Rose and a two versions of it are featured in Material Obsession 2 - a great book!!! by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke.  I will post a picture tomorrow of the finished top - lots of orange!!

 Below is one of my projects - I will reveal more soon.  I have also just received Rosalie Quinlan's new range Sweet Broderie from Retromummy (see below) - yet to decide what to make - it is just so lovely.


 We also made our halloween pumpkin - a new tradition in our house in recent years (thanks to our American friends the Hipps).  Sadly not one visitor came to the door - which meant we had a lot of treats to consume...


My 6 year old has also been cooking up a storm, thanks to Junior Masterchef - I missed getting a photo of the amazing Apple pie, but remembered for the Friars Omelette (yum) and the pancakes.







And lastly Retromummy www.retromummy.blogspot.com
has a fantastic giveaway on her blog for some of the fabric below - go and have a look - she has the loveliest fabrics!!!!

Thanks for the comments - it is lovely as a new blogger to actually get comments!!!

See you all soon!!

P.S The photos are from my phone sorry hence the average quality!! Time to learn to use the fancy camera.

4 comments:

  1. A big bloggy welcome to you! For all that you've been doing, it's amazing what you've achieved. My MO blocks are still in packets much to my shame. I love your center, I was thinking of changing that part too. Your star Rose quilt is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! That hex centre is gorgeous.
    Great to see you blogging, I often pop in to see what you're up to.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love the quilt top! wow!!!!!

    gosh halloween is crazy in our streets here!

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! You won the giveaway on my blog but I can't find an email contact for you. Send me an email with your address details and I'll pop in the fabrics in the post.
    ajohnson@stratem.com.au
    Have a great week!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete